Wednesday 12 October 2011

Finally! Feeling inspired for a new project...

So I bumped into a friend in town today and she wants to 'commision' a bag from me, more specifically a changing bag for her 9 week old little girl, Eleanor.

This is very exciting (a) because I haven't done a bag in ages and really enjoy them and (b) doing something for someone else is always exciting!

So, in my usual fashion, I have spent the last hour or so scouring the web for free patterns and designs, as well as fabric designs. Then it's up to said friend to decide on design, fabric (whether all cotton or some waterproof stuff in there) and what pockets she wants! Am quite excited but I know it's going to be a big project - would love to get started in half term in 2 weeks time!

Anyway, here are some designs..... Click on the bags for more info!




This one below is really clever - it's called an On Bag. There are instructions on the website as it can be tied and used a number of ways - plus she's provided a free pattern! Click on the bag!

 Instructions here - click!




From Etsy, I think

Changing mat and bag too by Amy Butler


Etsy, again. You buy the pattern

Then there's the fabrics. Here are some waterproof ones which may possibly work on the inside, including some I have at home already...


Beige!

Lime green!

All of these are on ebay!










These are some actual fabrics, cotton-like ones, I have already. Dunhelm Mill and Ikea are good for fabrics for the outer. These would also work as the lining if you didn't want a waterproof lining.








So that's the choices! What do I do? How do I start? What does my friend desire?!!

2 comments:

  1. I made a small baby bag for a friend of mine and she showed it to me, oh, 26 years later. Still looking good, too! Never made myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to making it and maybe I'll be asked again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...