Wednesday 26 October 2011

Day 1 of the nappy bag project....

So I thought all I'd do today would be cut the pieces, but that bit was easy! I'm trying to be very organised with sewing these days, so even labelled the pieces!

The first instruction was to sew the seam on the PVC oilcoth - now, I've done this before on a machine and failed miserably so ended up hand sewing! I was dreading having to so this on such a large scale, so came across this AMAZING TIP online - sprinkle the PVC/oilcoth with TALC! It works! Am so chuffed because it's so quick and easy, if a little messy!

After about 2 or 3 hours, can't remember cos I was 'In the ZONE!'... I got to the stage where 1 whole side of the bag was nearly complete - I just had to sew on the handles.

And here it is, hanging on the door, ready for me to do the opposite side and the lining tomorrow! Going well and it's looking FAB, even if I do say so myself!

2 comments:

  1. That's going to be GORGEOUS! What a clever girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is 'Anonymous' still Mum? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...