Friday, 12 July 2013

Big update...

Goodness, I was reminded today how long it had been since I last posted! SO much has been going on!

We've moved house, we've bought a new car, we've grown a baby, I've done some more sewing.... but only recently really, since going on maternity leave!

So these are my latest makes:

Not a sewing project, but a crafty one none-the-less. A rainbow picture for the baby's nursery. How therapeutic was this?!

Then I signed up for a stall at the Race for Life on Plymouth Hoe. Didn't have much more to make, just top up a bit of stock. Also dabbled in hair slides and lavender bags!
 
 
 
 
 
 This was my plan for the table...
 And on the day it was blowing a hooly, everything had to be weighted down or taped down, the table collapsed once and I made one sale - an £8 chalkboard! I took it all into work the next week and made almost £100 for the charities, and didn't have to stand in the rain and wind at 8 months pregnant with SPD and agonising back pain!
 Then maternity leave started and I could get on with the changing bag. It's the same pattern I used a while ago as posted on here, except I added stroller straps, a shoulder strap for Dan and laminated some cotton to make it wipeable. Quite pleased with it really!
 
 
 
 
 I didn't have enough of the fabric left to make the travel changing mat, so used some owl oilcloth and white towelling to do so! I HATE BIAS BINDING though! I just can't seem to grasp how to do it properly and the way I end up doing it is just such a faff!
 However, it came up ok!
I've also made the curtain for the nursery which is lined with a ready-made blackout curtain - so cute!

And I think that's it! I want to make one more changing mat for keeping downstairs in the lounge and then maybe some storage baskets for bits and bobs to match too. But otherwise, everything I need is done! Woohoo!

Saturday, 16 March 2013

Christmas presents... a bit late!

Forgot I hadn't posted these makes - I handmade presents and here's my mum's and step-dad's:

Bad for mum - a pattern from Etsy. I made it from spot oilcloth and floral cotton fabric. It's huge! I added a zip pocket on the back which I didn't do the best job of but it works!

 
 
 
 
 
An apron for my step-dad. A manly fabric is hard to find but this worked a treat! And the moustache pocket and trim fit with the general 'theme' for his presents!
 
 
 
Haven't got a photo of the bag I made my sister - I'll have to get her to take some photos of it and send them to me!

Thursday, 21 February 2013

Curtains fixed... Part 1

Oh my goodness, what a boring post!

Our bedroom curtains had died a death really. The header tape threads were all snapped so they literally hung by a thread. The pole was bent. They were far too long which meant the dog always ended up sat on them which broke and bent everything further. Plus, they didn't meet in the middle so were pulled together with a hair clip!

So in our quest to better this place ready for renting it out, the curtains went on the list of jobs. A list that grows rather than shrinks apparently, but that's a different story!

Cut the header tape off, folded it down 3 inches or so, stitched on some eyelet header tape, cut the holes out, popped in the poppers, hung them up, fussed with them a fair bit, trimmed the now-too-long netting (don't judge me for having netting - we're overlooked and it's polka dots!!) and voila! 'New' curtains. Very easy and I'm quite impressed!

Making a pair from scratch for the newly decorated spare room today though - wish me luck!!

Sunday, 10 February 2013

Maternity dress...

Well, not strictly a maternity pattern but worked well! Pattern is Simplicity K2369. Made from a bright green 2-way stretch jersey.

The wrap part was HUGE on me so ended up making extra pleats under my book and twisting it to tighten it! Looked good in the end though, very comfy and a lovely fit!

Saturday, 2 February 2013

Maternity... again!

Ok, so I'm back to looking at maternity wear. I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and showing big-style!

 
I have a party to go to on Saturday next week so want to make a new dress. I think I've decided on Simplicity K2369 wrap dress.
 
I'll just add a couple inches extra at the front and back (hopefully meaning the side seams will still be on my sides!) using a 'slash and spread' method seen here: http://sewfearless.com/2010/06/29/project-12-june-comfy-tee/ - I THINK!!
 
I imagine it will all go horribly wrong! Gonna need to check my jersey fabric stash as I don't think there's much of it there but hopefully going to get started tomorrow!
 
Wish me luck!
There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...